Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cotton Wool

Today I realized that I really have been brought up in 'Cotton Wool'. So protected from the real world.

One of the young casual girls that works in the Restaurant's kitchen on weekends, was beaten up by a gang of girls AT school this morning. She's a really quiet, well behaved girl who doesn't cause trouble with anyone. Apparently she has been bullied at school this year by one girl in particular, just for the 'fun' of it. She came running into the restaurant to call her Aunty and as I saw her standing in the kitchen in her immaculate school uniform with tears running down her cheeks, a split lip, a bruised back and chunks of her hair had been pulled out, my heart just broke for her. When we questioned why she is being bullied, the kitchen ladies simply answered: " Thats life, we are so used to it. " Flip man! The headmaster and cops didnt really want to hear her story and didnt want to really get involved. The cook said they are too scared to get involved with the gangs stories. They just accept it as part of life. But her dad did run into the school with a garden fork to find this evil girl, so tomorrow we may hear more. All this happening barely 5km from our homes.....

On a lighter note: I COOKED TODAY... No, you didnt read incorrectly. ME, KERRY ... COOKED. I made Hertzog cookies, Petit Fours (which look like &$^* but taste GREAT) and Scotch eggs.. Ok, BAKED is probably a better word than cooked. Baking up a Storm people...

Niamh just phoned me to ask whats for dinner? Ha Ha, like I'm really going home to cook now?? Forget it babes, takeaways tonight....

Till tomorrow - hopefully I will have a happy story for you ;)

Lovies
Kezzie - ma - baker xx

1 comment:

The Roaming Kat said...

I'm the first to comment, I'm the first to comment, I'm the first to comment, I'm the first to comment, I'm the first to comment, I'm the first to comment, I'm the first to comment (to be sung in a really irritating voice whilst Dancing around the room) HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HO HO HO HO HO HO HO Love ya Kat